This pomegranate Aperol spritz is the perfect fall and winter take on the classic spritz, blending sweet, tart, and earthy pomegranate juice with the orangey Aperol. This is such an easy recipe to throw together, and it comes out so vibrant and gorgeous; just mix the pomegranate, Aperol, and sparkling wine in a glass with ice and enjoy!
I tested several versions of this to get the perfect balance of sweetness, tartness, and bitterness. After fine-tuning ratios, this version emerged as the fall/winter pomegranate winner!
I am such a fan of festive cocktails, and pomegranate is one of my favorite winter flavors! For more holiday cocktails, try the Pomegranate Holiday Margarita, Bourbon Apple Cider Old Fashioned, Bourbon Spiked Apple Cider Mimosa, or a Kentucky Mule with Ginger Maple Syrup.
⭐ Why I love this recipe:
- It is ideal for Aperol spritz lovers seeking one full of fall and winter flavors!
- Easy to make: just mix the ingredients in a glass and stir!
- A delicious combination of pomegranate and orange flavors! The slightly bitter orange-flavored Aperol is mellowed by the sparkling wine and enhanced by the pomegranate.
- Aperol: Aperol is a bitter-sweet Italian apéritif with orange, rhubarb, and various herbs. It shines in the Aperol Spritz when its sweet yet slightly bitter flavor is harmonized with water or wine. There are so many delicious versions of Aperol spritz, like this Strawberry Aperol Spritz and this Cranberry Aperol Spritz.
- Prosecco or Sparkling Wine: use any sparkling wine you like; this would be great with processo, champagne, or cava!
- Pomegranate Juice: Use pure, unsweetened pomegranate juice; otherwise, the cocktail will come out too sweet.
- Garnishes: Cinnamon sticks, blood orange slices, and pomegranate seeds add a delightful touch.
See recipe card for quantities.
🔪 How to make this recipe:
Step 1: Add ice and the Aperol to a wine glass.
Step 2: Pour in the measured-out pomegranate juice.
Step 3: Top with the sparkling wine.
Step 4: Stir and garnish with rosemary and pomegranate.
💭 Expert Tips:
- Use unsweetened pure pomegranate juice; otherwise, this drink will come across as too sweet.
- Infuse the pomegranate juice with spices overnight for added depth and a touch of cinnamon flavor.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks, orange slices, pomegranate seeds, and rosemary.
- Get creative with the ice cubes! Freeze edible glitter like this with water or pomegranate juice for a really festive drink!
Here's a video showing how to make this recipe:
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
This pomegranate Aperol spritz is the perfect fall and winter take on the classic spritz, blending sweet, tart, and earthy pomegranate juice with the orangey Aperol.
- 1 ½ ounces Aperol
- 2 ½ ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces sparkling wine.
- Add ice and measured Aperol to a large wine glass.
- Top with pomegranate juice and sparkling wine.
- Garnish with an orange slice, rosemary, and pomegranate seeds.