This No-Churn Blackberry Mascarpone Ice Cream recipe is so easy, delicious, and full of sweet blackberry flavor! There's something magical about homemade ice cream, especially when it's made without an ice cream machine.
Tangy blackberries meet the smooth richness of mascarpone cheese, resulting in a frozen treat that will crave all summer long!
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- Effortless: This recipe requires no special equipment or complex techniques, yet it delivers a luxurious ice cream that looks and tastes professionally made.
- Bursting with Freshness: Juicy blackberries take center stage, infusing every bite with a burst of fruity sweetness.
- Sweet mascarpone flavor: The addition of creamy mascarpone cheese lends an indulgent extra layer of sweetness, making it irresistibly decadent.
- Fresh Blackberries: Opt for plump and ripe blackberries to ensure a bold and fruity flavor in every spoonful.
- Mascarpone Cheese: This Italian cream cheese adds a luxurious creaminess and a delicate tang to the ice cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: A crucial ingredient that adds sweetness and helps to create a creamy, no-churn ice cream base.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: This ingredient gives our ice cream the desired light and airy texture, resulting in smooth and silky scoops.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make This Recipe:
In a blender or food processor, blend the fresh blackberries until smooth. Then cook the mixture with the brown sugar.
Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
Whisk the mascarpone cheese, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Gently fold the mascarpone into the whipped cream until fully combined.
Add the blackberry mixture and gently fold everything together.
Add to a freezer-safe container and freeze!
- Blackberries: If blackberries are out of season or unavailable, feel free to substitute them with other berries like raspberries or blueberries.
- Mascarpone Cheese: Cream cheese can be used as a substitute for the mascarpone if needed, although it will result in a tangier flavor.
- If you aren't a fan of seeds; you can smooth the blackberry puree by using a fine-mesh sieve to remove any seeds or chunks.
- For an enhanced flavor, you can add a splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the blackberry puree.
- Experiment with different mix-ins like chocolate chips or crushed cookies for added texture and indulgence.
- Allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping for easier serving.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
This No-Churn Blackberry Mascarpone Ice Cream recipe is so easy, delicious, and full of sweet blackberry flavor!
- 18 oz blackberries pureed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Mascarpone
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a blender or food processor, blend the fresh blackberries until smooth.
- Add the blackberries and brown sugar to a pot and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the mascarpone cheese, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Gently fold the mascarpone into the whipped cream until fully combined.
- Add the blackberry puree and gently fold everything together.
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf pan or a freezer-safe container.
- Smooth out the top and cover with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Place the pan in the freezer and let it chill for at least 6 hours, or until firm.