Introducing the Lavender Margarita! Its refreshing twist on the classic cocktail combines the bold flavors of tequila with the delicate floral notes of lavender.
The lavender flavor in a lavender margarita adds a fragrant and slightly sweet floral note to the tangy and tart flavors of the tequila and lime, creating a well-balanced and sophisticated cocktail.
Why you will love this recipe:
I love a fun twist on the traditional margarita, like this Elderflower Margarita (St Germain), and this Fresh and Spicy Pineapple Margarita But this lavender version is truly unique. The floral notes of lavender add a distinct and exotic flavor, offering a unique and sophisticated spin.
- Tequila: Tequila is the sole spirit used in this cocktail, providing the bold and distinctive agave flavor that serves as the foundation of the margarita. My goto tequila is Casamigos.
- Lavender Syrup: Just a touch of lavender syrup lightens up this cocktail and adds a wonderful floral sweetness to the cocktail.
- Simple Syrup or Agave Nectar: This cocktail features a subtle amount of sweetener to balance and complement the lime juice perfectly, and you can use agave, simple syrup, or even honey, depending on what you have available.
- Lime Juice: No margarita is complete without lime juice, and using freshly squeezed lime juice is always recommended for the best flavor.
- Salt and edible lavender for the rimm: this is optional, but I used Maldon Sea Salt Flakes for these photos because it makes such a wonderful dramatic effect.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make this recipe:
Dip your glass in agave and then run it over a small plate of a mix of salt and lavender.
Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
Top with tequila, lime juice, lavender syrup, and agave.
Pour into a glass with ice.
Looking for other cocktail recipes like this? Try these:
This Lavender Margarita is a refreshing twist on the classic cocktail combines the bold flavors of tequila with the delicate floral notes of lavender.
- 2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 ½ oz lavender syrup
- ½ oz agave
- Dip your glass in agave and then run it over a small plate of a mix of salt and lavender.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Top with tequila, lime juice, lavender syrup, and agave.
- Pour into a glass with ice.