These bakery-style lemon poppy seed muffins with blueberries are so moist and are bursting with fresh lemon and blueberry flavor! This recipe is the best and easiest muffin recipe ever, it’s ready in 45 minutes, and it’s all made in one bowl!
Tips for muffin making:
- Fill up your muffin tins almost all the way up with batter to get those wonderful domed bakery-style muffin tops.
- For crunchy muffin tops, sprinkle sugar over the muffins right before baking.
- These muffins will keep for two days in an airtight container.
- This recipe uses fresh blueberries, but frozen would work as well. Just add the frozen berries right to the batter as you would the fresh berries.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice and zest to get the full lemon flavor!
How to make muffins in one bowl:
I love one bowl baking because it is so easy and makes clean up a breeze! The key to making this one bowl is to use melted butter. Just zap the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and add it to the flour, baking powder, and sugar mixture. Using melted butter allows you to skip beating the butter and sugar together step that most cakes use.
Why Almond Flour?
This recipe uses a combo of all-purpose and almond flour. I love baking with almond flour because not only does it make the recipe healthier, and who doesn’t like a healthy and tasty baked good, but it also makes a moister and denser cake.