This sweet and delicious homemade honey butter recipe combines salted butter with honey, and bourbon is the perfect treat to take special occasions to the next level! Perfect for biscuits, homemade bread, and dinner rolls!
Why this recipe works:
This recipe combines already great salted high-fat European-style butter with honey and a touch of bourbon. Using salted, high-quality butter ensures that the flavor of the butter is the star of the show and that the honey and bourbon just sweeten the already great butter. I used Kerry Gold, but any premium butter will do!
- Salted Butter: High-fat European-style butter is key because they have more fat and flavor than American table butter. Trust me; you won’t go back to ordinary butter once you step up your butter game and use high-fat butter.
- Honey: Honey is what sweetens the butter. Use any honey you like! My favorite is clover honey because I like the deep flavor, but floral honey would also be great.
- Bourbon: Bourbon adds a bit of depth and warmth to the butter.
How to make this recipe:
This recipe is so easy and quick to make!
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Let the butter come to room temperature.
- Add the butter, honey, and bourbon to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth!
- Serve with bread or biscuits!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR WHIPPED BUTTER:
- This recipe is so easy the only trick is to use room temperature butter. It helps the honey and bourbon blend together.
This whipped butter can be used on bread, biscuits, rolls, or as a marinade for chicken.
Store this butter in the fridge, and it will keep for one month.