This Lemon and Cardamon Olive Oil Cake is the most delightful and tasty loaf cake. It's incredibly simple to make, and it's perfect for breakfast or tea in the afternoon. The cardamom and lemon give the cake the most amazing light citrus and floral flavor. I just topped this with fresh lemons and powdered sugar, but a lemon glaze would also be amazing and would turn it into an incredible dessert.
What is an Olive Oil Cake?
Olive oil cakes are moist and tender cakes that use olive oil as the fat needed in the cake. The olive oil replaces the butter needed in traditional cake recipes, and it provides more flavor than vegetable oil or shortening. Most are also use a combination of honey and sugar to ensure that the cake is very moist and has an interesting depth of flavor.
This cake is incredibly easy to throw together. It's as simple as mixing all the wet ingredients in a bowl attached to a stand mixer then add the eggs and the dry ingredients. Pour it into a loaf pan and bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes. It's pretty hard to mess this cake up since you don't even need to cream butter and sugar to get a light and fluffy texture.
Tips for a good Lemon and Cardamon Olive Oil Cake:
- Have all your ingredients at room temperature. This helps the cake to not split, and it helps to create an even texture.
the goodolive oil. The cake will have an ever so slight olive oil flavor so use one you really like.
LOOKING FOR MORE CAKES? CHECK OUT THESE:
Thanks so much for reading about this lemon and cardamom olive oil cake! See below for more recipes you might love!Print
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prepare the loaf tin with a thin coating of olive oil and flour.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and lemon zest.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the honey, olive oil, milk, sugar, lemon juice, and eggs. Mix on medium until smooth and well combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until the batter comes together and is thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the top of the cake spring back when touched and toothpick comes out clean.