This Grapefruit and Olive Oil Martini combines the zesty kick of grapefruit with the rich, smooth, and velvety notes of olive oil fat-washed gin. It's a refreshing, smooth, and sophisticated cocktail that is perfect for olive oil and grapefruit lovers!
Thank you to Roland Foods for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the businesses who support The G&M Kitchen.
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- Mediterranean Vibes: This martini brings together olive oil and gin, giving it a Mediterranean twist that's so unique.
- Perfect for Olive Oil lovers: This recipe also uses Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is a luscious blend of Mediterranean extra virgin olive oils. This one, in particular, received the North American Olive Oil Association's seal of approval, which guarantees its quality.
- Tangy and Refreshing: Fresh grapefruit juice adds a tangy and refreshing element that balances the richness of the olive oil-infused gin.
What is Fat Washing?
Fat washing is a technique that infuses spirits with flavors from fatty substances like oils, butter, or fat. In this recipe, we're using olive oil to give our gin a unique twist.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Olive oil adds flavor to the gin and gives it a velvety and luxurious texture, making this a unique cocktail! High-quality oil is important for the best flavor, and this Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a luscious blend of Mediterranean extra virgin olive oils, is perfect.
- Dry Gin: Use your favorite gin for this recipe, and if you aren't a fan of gin, you can substitute it for vodka.
- Grapefruit Juice and Liquere: A combination of fresh juice and liqueur gives this cocktail its grapefruit punch.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make This Recipe:
Make the olive oil fat-washed gin by combining the gin and olive oil in a mason jar. Let sit for 24 hour hours, then freeze.
Strain out the oil.
Add the 2 ounces of the gin and the remaining ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds.
Strain into a chilled glass.
- Use high-quality extra virgin olive oil like this Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the fat-washing process for the best flavor.
- Experiment with different gin brands to find one that complements the olive oil infusion to your liking.
- Adjust the sweetness of the martini by adding more or less liqueur, depending on your taste.
ABOUT ROLAND FOODS:
Roland Foods is a purveyor of fine global ingredients and has been doing so for 85+ years. They import products from around the world from the places that make them best and offer everything from balsamic glazes and sardines to gochujang and peppers (and mustard!). Find Roland Foods' Extra-Virgin Olive Oil in a store near you or on Instacart!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
This Grapefruit and Olive Oil Martini combines the zesty kick of grapefruit with the rich, smooth, and velvety notes of olive oil fat-washed gin.
- For the fat-washed gin:
- 10 ounces Dry Gin
- 4 ounces Roland® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For the cocktail:
- 2 ounces Olive Oil Fat Washed Gin
- ½ ounce grapefruit liqueur
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Make the olive oil fat-washed gin by combining the gin and olive oil in a mason jar. Let sit for 24 hour hours, then freeze for 2 hours. Once the olive oil has frozen, strain out the infused gin.
- Add the 2 ounces of the gin and the remaining ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 30 seconds, then strain into a chilled martini glass.