Posted by: Pate Giltner
Honey, honey, how you thrill me, honey, honey!
I have a confession to make, I absolutely love Abba and that I think they are amazing. I mean catchy toons and amazing outfits, what's not to like?
Honey, Honey is also a musical masterpiece that should be treasured always.
I also think honey, in general, is amazing so I made these little cakes that have a huge helping of honey. And bourbon, because why not?
You can even make them while listening to Honey, Honey, wouldn't that be cute.
The honey and bourbon in these guys are combined with several teaspoons of cinnamon and cloves, which makes a sweet, spicy, and incredible cake so delicious that my boss devoured three of these
They are topped with a honey and bourbon cream cheese frosting that is TO. DIE. FOR. Just do a little swirl of frosting on top of the cake, you don't want to overwhelm the cake. Because this cake is goooOOOood.Print
For the cake
- 1 cup honey
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 11 tbs butter
- 4 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
For the frosting:
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp bourbon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the cake:
- pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt the butter, sugar, and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, set aside to cool. Add in the lemon juice and bourbon.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the flours, baking soda, and spices
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until combined
- Divide the mixture between 14 mini tart tins (or bake them in batches) and bake for 20-25 minutes
For the frosting
- Beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add in the vanilla, bourbon, and cinnamon until combined