These are the best buttermilk biscuits with self-rising flour around! They are tender and are and full of butter and buttermilk flavor, no bland biscuits here!
- 2 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter + 1/4 cup melted for brushing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Cut the butter into the flour using your hands until the butter is pea size.
- Add in the buttermilk and honey and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly dusted surface.
- Press or roll the dough into a 1/4 inch rectangle and fold the dough onto itself in thirds. Like you would fold a sheet of paper. Press or roll the dough out to 1/4 inch again and repeat the fold. Press or roll out the dough out again to a 1/4 inch rectangle.
- Using a floured cutter cut out your biscuits and place them right next to each other on a lined baking sheet. Having all your biscuits touching will help them to rise.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Brush with more melted butter.