This classy and red Hades and Persephone-themed Halloween cocktail combines spiced pomegranate juice, gin, and tonic water. It's essentially a spiced pomegranate gin and tonic decked out for the spooky season! Heads up: drink only if you want to be tied to the underworld forever!
For the spiced pomegranate juice:
- 1 cup Pomegranate juice
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
For the cocktail:
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces spiced pomegranate juice
- 4-5 ounces tonic water
- Make the spiced pomegranate juice by combining the juice, cinnamon, star anise, sugar, and orange zest in a pot and cooking for 10 minutes. Let cool, then strain.
- Fill a glass with ice, add the gin and the juice, then top with tonic water.
- Stir the drink, then garnish with pomegranate or orange.
- Don't boil the pomegranate juice but gently cook until the sugar has dissolved and the cinnamon and been infused.
- You could also garnish with cinnamon sticks
- You could use ground cinnamon instead of sticks but I would just use about 1 tsp.