This is the easiest recipe for delicious homemade bourbon blackberry jam without pectin! It's so fast, easy, and made without pectin and canning!
- 4 6 ounce packages of blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Put a small plate in the freezer.
- In a wide pot mix the berries, sugar, lemon juice, and bourbon and set aside for about 30 minutes or until the sugar and bourbon has started to breakdown the blackberries.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring occasionally.
- Reduce temperature to medium and simmer until mixture begins to thicken, about 20 minutes. Keep stirring so nothing sticks to the pot.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, put a tablespoon of the mixture on the plate in the freezer and freeze for 1 minute. Test the gelling point of the jam by pushing your finger up against the cold jam and if it done it will wrinkle.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the jam into jars and they will keep for around 2 weeks.
- Once your jam starts to thicken, watch it very closely. You want perfect consistency. Cooking it for too long will result in a claggy texture and too little a runny texture.
- When testing the recipe on the frozen plate, really look at the texture. The consistency it has on the plate will be very close to how it will end up being in the jar. Err on the side of a loose consistency because there is nothing worse than claggy jelly!
Keywords: Blackberry Jam