You will love these chewy, toasted coconut pecan cookies! They are easy to make and filled with toasted coconut flakes, chopped pecans, and a touch of cinnamon! They have a crispy shell and a chewy center and are perfect for coconut fans!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg and 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Start by toasting the coconut on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes.
- 2. Mix the butter and sugars in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
- 3. Mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- 4. Fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until a dough forms.
- 5. Mix in the pecans and the toasted coconut (reserving some coconut to roll the cookies in). Chill for 1 hour.
- 6. Use a cookie scoop to scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter balls, roll in remaining coconut, top with a pecan half (optional), and place onto lined baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- 7. Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can also refrigerate or freeze the cookie dough balls; just be sure to bring them to room temperature before baking.
- *Measure your flour properly. This is my best baking tip! I typically fluff my flour, then scoop and level.
- For extra flavor, toast the pecans before chopping them. Simply spread the pecans on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 5 minutes until fragrant. Allow them to cool before using in the recipe.