This is the easiest recipe for delicious homemade strawberry jam! It's made without pectin and canning, and it's as simple as simmering strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and bourbon until thick.
- 2 lb strawberries cut in half's
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 table lemon juice
- Put a small plate in the freezer.
- A wide pot mix the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and bourbon and set aside for about 30 minutes or until the sugar and bourbon has started to break down the strawberries.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce temperature to medium and simmer until mixture begins to thicken, 20-40 minutes. Keep stirring, so nothing sticks to the pot.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, put a tablespoon of the mixture on the plate in the freezer and freeze for 1 minute. Test the gelling point of the jam by pushing your finger up against the cold jam and if it done, it will wrinkle.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the jam into jars, and they will keep for 2-3 weeks.
Your jam will continue to thicken as it cools, so it's important to start testing it as soon as it starts to thicken so you don't overcook it.
Keywords: Strawberry jam, bourbon