This Magical Sangria is the perfect Halloween sangria and is loaded with red wine, blackberries, bourbon, orange liqueur, Italian soda, cinnamon, and fresh fruit!
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bottle of full-bodied red wine - preferably bourbon barrel-aged
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup Dry Curacao Pierre Ferrand or Orange Liquere
- 1 Cup Italian orange soda
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 2 oranges sliced
- 4-5 cinnamon sticks
- Muddle 1 cup of blackberries with two tablespoons of sugar in a large pitcher.
- Add the wine, bourbon, orange liqueur, and soda to the pitcher.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, sliced apples, oranges, and remaining blackberries and chill for 1+ hours.
- Add the silver glitter if using, and pour it into ice-filled glasses.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
This sangria is best chilled for 1-2 hours before serving to allow the cinnamon and fruits to infuse. The longer the chill time, the better the flavor will be.
I also suggest using a high-quality bourbon such as Woodford Reserve, Four Roses Small Batch, or Angels Envy.