This is the best jiffy cornbread recipe! The addition of buttermilk, butter, and honey makes it so tender, moist, and rich!
- 2 boxes of 8.5 ounce Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Grease a 9 inch baking pan or cast iron skillet with butter or oil.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Let the batter sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Add the batter to the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is browned and a knife comes out clean.
- Melt your butter by zapping it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then let it cool before adding it to the eggs.
- Let your batter sit at room tempurature for 20 minutes before baking. This allows the ingredients to meld and for the cornmeal to fully absorb the milk, butter, and eggs.
- Baking at a high temp creates the beautiful brown and crispy crust.
- Grease your pan with butter or oil so that it comes out nice and easy.
- Use any 9-inch baking dish, but cornbread shines in a cast-iron skillet.
- Its ready with the top has been browed and a knife comes out clean.
Keywords: Jiffy Cornbread with Buttermilk