This is the perfect fresh blood orange margarita! It's more than tart than sweet, as all margaritas should be, and it's bursting with fresh blood orange and lime flavor!
- 2 oz good tequila
- 2 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Giffard grapefruit liqueur
- 2 tbs sea salt - to rim the glass
- Mix the tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, grapefruit liqueur, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- For the salt rim, pour the sea salt on a plate and press the dampened rim of your glass into the mixture.
- Pour the shaken margarita over ice in the salted glass. Garnish with mint, lime, and blood orange slice cut into a heart shape.
- Use a lime wedge to rim the edge of the glass and then roll the lime-soaked rim in salt. Use sea salt flakes for a more dramatic effect.
- Really shake your margarita in the cocktail shaker to get a nice foam top.
- Garnish with mint, blood orange slices, and a slice of lime!
Keywords: Blood orange margarita