Blackberries are one of my favorite fruits, and this blackberry pound cake recipe truly celebrates the deliciousness of the blackberry! It combines pureed blackberries with tangy cream cheese for an incredibly moist and flavorful pound cake! It's then topped with a fresh blackberry and bourbon glaze that is gorgeous and tasty!
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups butter (three sticks)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cup blackberry puree
For the glaze:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup blackberry puree
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Allow the butter and cream cheese to come to room temperature and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until fully blended.
- Add in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy—about three minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla and almond extracts and lightly blend.
- Slowly add in the flour and beat on low until it's all been incorporated.
- Fold in the blackberry puree.
- Add to a well-greased bunt mold (at least 10 cup capacity), and tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 - 20 minutes or until the topped is browned and a knife comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the bunt pan for 15 minutes, and then turn out to fully cool.
- Make the glaze by whisking the powdered sugar with the blackberry puree and bourbon. Stir until no lumps remain.