These raspberry almond muffins are the best combination of fresh raspberries and almonds. And they are made with both almond and all-purpose flour, so they are on the healthier side of things as well. Gotta love a relatively guilt-free muffin!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups raspberries cups
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 teaspoons coarse sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined. Add in the vanilla and the almond extract.
- Whisk together the flours, salt, and baking powder. Add the flour and milk mixtures into the butter and sugar mixture alternating between the two.
- Fold in the raspberries.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners, and fill with batter. Sprinkle the 3 teaspoons of coarse sugar and almond slices over the tops of the muffins and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- Muffins are easy to make; you don't need too many tips.
- Having all the ingredients at room temperature with help ensure an even rise and bake.
- Fill the muffin tin 3/4 of the way up to get the perfect muffin dome.
- Use the biggest sugar crystals you have for the sugar crust—the bigger the sugar, the more dramatic effect.
- I used honey-roasted almond slices, but any variety will do!
Keywords: Raspberry Almond Muffins