This Apple butter pound cake with apple cider glaze is the ultimate fall bunt cake! It's full of incredible spiced apple flavor from the apple butter and is perfect for celebrating the season!
For the cake:
- 1 1/2 cups butter (three sticks)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cup apple butter
For the glaze:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Spiced Apple Cider
- Allow the butter and cream cheese to come to room temperature and preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until fully blended.
- Add in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy—about three minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time beating after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla and apple butter, mix to combine.
- Slowly add in the flour and beat on low until it's all been incorporated.
- Add to a well-greased bunt mold (at least 10 cup capacity), and tap on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 - 20 minutes or until the top is browned and a knife comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the bunt pan for 15 minutes, and then turn out to fully cool.
- Make the glaze by whisking the powdered sugar with apple cider. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Let the cake cool, then pour the glaze on top of the cake.