This is the best southern cornbread with bacon, honey, buttermilk, and it's so quick and easy because it uses the Jiffy corn muffin mix! Bacon cornbread muffins will quickly become your favorite breakfast treat!
- 12 slices of bacon
- 2 boxes of 8.5 ounce Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Bake the 12 pieces of bacon for 18-20 minutes—Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease for the cornbread. Roughly chop the slices of bacon.
- Line a muffin tray with liners.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, honey, and bacon grease to a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the Jiffy mix and bacon and mix until combined.
- Let the batter sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Add batter to the lined muffin tin, filling each space up 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is browned and a knife comes out clean.
- Melt your butter by zapping it in the microwave for 30 seconds. But let it cool before adding it to the eggs.
- Reserve 20-30 pieces of bacon to place on top of the muffins.
- Baking at a high temp created the beautiful brown and crispy crust.
Keywords: Jiffy Bacon Cornbread Muffins