This recipe takes the super easy, lazy man peach cobbler and makes it just a little bit better. I have found the standard poor man's cobbler recipe just a little too gummy, but with a little extra flour and a little spice, this turns into an exceptional cobbler recipe!
- 5-6 peaches
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Cut the peaches into wedges.
- Place the butter in the baking tray and place it in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the butter and the tray in the oven.
- Whisk the self-rising flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add in the milk, vanilla, and almond extracts and whisk until there are no lumps left. Poor on top of the butter.
- Do not mix with the butter. This helps create a crispy top!
- Layer the peaches on top of the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes!