This Hocus Pocus-inspired drink, The Black Flame candle, is the perfect Halloween cocktail to celebrate the spooky season!
- 8 fresh blackberries, plus more for topping
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp activated charcoal (optional)
- 1 oz agave
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Mezcal
- Top with club soda / sparking water
- Garnish with cinnamon
- Mix the blackberries, spices, activated charcoal, and agave in a cocktail shaker.
- Then, muddle the ingredients using a muddler.
- Next, add the Mezcal, lemon juice, and ice.
- Then shake to thoroughly mix the ingredients and pour into a cocktail glass with ice.
- Lastley, top with sparkling water or club soda and garnish with burnt cinnamon sticks.
Activated charcoal is made from activated carbon or coconut ash and is safe to consume in small quantities. It is often used as a detoxifier and remedy for ingesting poison and for hangovers. However, since it absorbs everything, it can neutralize the effects of some medications and birth control if ingested close to taking said medication. For more information, click here: Should you be eating activated charcoal?