This chocolate bourbon banana bread contains all of the best flavors, bourbon, chocolate, bananas, allspice, and cinnamon!
- 2-3 ripe bananas + 1 banana to put on top of the batter
- 8 tbsp butter /1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus more for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork in a medium bowl. Leave one banana to the side for the topping.
- Beat the butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flours, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice together.
- Add the milk, bourbon, and vanilla to the mashed bananas.
- Add both the banana and the flour mixtures to the butter and sugar, 1/3 at a time and rotate between the wet and dry ingredients. Beat well after each addition.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Cut the remaining banana in half lengthwise and place both halves into the batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until the top, is nice and brown and a knife comes out clean.