These Cranberry Orange Muffins are some of my favorite winter treats! They have the best crispy sugar crust and are filled with fresh orange and cranberry flavors (with a secret warming hint of cinnamon!).
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cranberries
- 3 teaspoons coarse sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a muffin pan.
- Start by pressing the orange zest into the sugar, then beat with the butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Next, mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Toss 1 tablespoon of the flour in with the cranberries then fold in the remaining flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon until just a few streaks of flour remain. Then, fold in the cranberries.
- Add the batter to the lined muffin pan and sprinkle the sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to add the batter to the muffin tin - this makes sure your muffins are uniform and makes scooping batter so much easier.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can refrigerate or freeze the cookie dough balls, just bring them to room temperature before baking. This can take about 1 hour for refrigerated dough and 2 hours for frozen dough.
- *Measure your flour properly. This is my best baking tip! I typically fluff my flour then scoop and level.